South Coast Baby Massage provides classes for parents to learn about the magic of a baby massage. This happens in a supporting and friendly environment, we teach parents the safe and effective infant massage techniques and strokes.
Our focus is on the parent infant bond, connection, relationship and communication.
The benefits of regular baby massage are less crying time, better quality and regular sleep, enhancement of the parent and baby bond. Massage also improves mood and stimulates the immune, digestive, respiratory and circulatory system function.
Baby massage also helps to lessen the symptoms of wind, constipation and colic.
Our consultants and trainers are IMIS (Infant Massage Information Service) qualified and accredited. They are specially trained to work with parents to ensure parents are taught and understand the strokes, correct pressure, body language, use of appropriate oils and all about any contraindications.
South Coast Baby Massage course information
In order to learn baby massage, we provide you with choices and we travel all over New South Wales to teach you in your home.
GROUP classes over 4 weeks
- The group class with a maximum of 12 people in each class.
- Week 1 you learn about the appropriate oils, massage strokes for the legs and buttocks, contraindications and relaxation.
- Week 2 you learn about all the benefits of infant massage, how to recognize your baby’s body language, strokes for the abdomen, and chest and touch relaxation.
- Week 3 is all about stokes for the face arms and back, lots of information on colic, wind and constipation.
- Week 4 is held to consolidate the learning, share the experiences and provide a full body massage for your baby.
One of the most rewarding experiences of the course is the development of friendships over the four weeks. You have an opportunity to share your stories and enjoy the company of other parents, the babies enjoy the massage and you enjoy the connection and the learning.
We also offer private sessions for parents wishing to learn at home, these classes run over two sessions. All the same information is provided you just don’t need to leave your home!
For all information on costs please email Penny, see Contact page.